Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pilates?
- We think it’s the best and most natural form of exercise there is!
- It’s exercise that works and works quickly.
- Specifically Pilates is a unique form of exercise, which combines stretching, breathing, posture and movement control, using both the mat and specially designed equipment. The equipment is all spring based giving you resistance in the exercises meaning that your muscles get lengthened and toned (not bulked up).
- The exercises are all based on 6 key postural principles which means that it’s focused, making the body work in the way that it’s meant to by increasing core strength and ensuring that everything you do is initiated from the core which means its great if you’ve got any re-hab issues (bad back, bad neck, headaches etc) or just fantastic if you want to get toned and fit.
Why should I do Pilates?
- It’s great if you want a full body work out – it increases toning and general fitness really quickly.
- It’s fun – a different way to get fit and stay healthy – with lots of variety in terms of classes and equipment.
- It’s also great if you have any rehab issues – bad back bad neck etc because it will train your muscles to work in the correct way and in a correct posture.
- If you want to improve your posture and make good posture automatic instead of an exhausting effort, Pilates is for you.
- It’s also great for stress relief because a lot of Pilates is about mind / body connection so you really can’t think of anything else while you are doing a class and you walk out feeling energized.
Where is your Studio?
- We are based in Takapuna at number 1 Barrys Point Road. The studio is upstairs above I.E Produce. There is a free car park outside and underneath the building – lots of parking available. From the city it takes 10 mins.
What type of Classes do you do?
- We have SunaFit and SunaForm classes – see Classes for details.
When do you have classes?
- We have a big timetable of classes
- over 50 SunaFit classes per week
- over 40 SunaForm classes per week
- We are open 7 days a week
- The first class of the day starts at 6am on weekdays, with the last class of the day at 7pm.
How do I get started?
- Everyone starts with an introductory session – either an individual or a group introductory session. You just need to phone us to make a booking. Following this you can purchase our Starter Pack to try before you buy. You just need to phone us to make a booking.
- Introductory Packs are also available which include your introductory session and starter classes and this is the most economical way to get started.
- Both our Introductory and Starter Packs include unlimited SunaFit and/or SunaForm Starter Classes. These starter classes will give you the confidence and competence in the key principles before you move into the general classes. After the starter pack the most economical way to go forward is to go onto one of our unlimited plans.
- Details and pricing for our Introductory and Starter Packs are included on the Getting Started page.
How much does it cost?
Details and costs of Introductory Sessions and Packs and can be found on our Getting Started page.
- SunaFit Unlimited – $25.50 per week
- SunaForm Unlimited – $49.95 per week
Setting up your Membership:
To sign up to one of our Plans see our friendly staff at Reception
- There is a $15 set up fee and payment options are as follows
- Direct Debit – weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Credit Card – monthly
How often should I come?
- If you do Suna Pilates twice a week you will quickly start to feel and then see the difference.
What should I wear?
- Pilates is done with no footwear so you may either wear socks through your workout or bare feet. Wear something comfortable that you are able to stretch you body out in so nothing too tight or restricting.
How long are the classes?
- All classes are 45 minutes long.
Will I get a good ‘cardio’ work out?
- Suna Pilates is great if you want a cardio workout because one of the key things we focus on is your breathing. Additionally, if you want a really challenging class to try one of our SunaForm Extreme classes or book in for one of our Bootcamps.