- Are you looking for a different way to get fit and stay healthy?
- Something that really will make a difference to your long term health and well being?
- Regardless of your age or your current level of fitness Suna Pilates can help you get fit and stay healthy your whole life.
Suna Pilates is not just about doing exercise to make yourself look good its about making a commitment to your long term health and wellness by doing a form of exercise that is going to help you understand your body more and ensure that it works the way its meant to – correcting all of those bad posture habits while giving you a great full body work out. And, its not only your body that will get a work out – one of the foundations of Pilates is mind and body co-ordination so you will leave feeling both mentally and physically refreshed. Our classes are true to the original principles of pilates but often higher energy and more dynamic.
Suna Pilates will:
- Give you a great full body work out regardless of your age or current fitness
- Quickly improve your body shape, toning and posture
- Improve your core conditioning, your strength and your flexibility
- Leave you feeling mentally as well as physically refreshed
- Increase your cardiovascular fitness with low or high impact exercises to suit
- Supervised classes with help always available
- Regular assessments
- A fun, friendly and relaxed enviroent
- Fully equipped studio with two different types of Pilates equipment
- A range of classes to suit everyone
- Pricing options from as little as $25.50 per week
- Student rates available
- Lots of parking available.
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our customers say:
- Claire Chitham, Actor: has talked extensively in the press about how SUNA PILATES has contributed to increase in health and her fight against crones disease. Claire states “I love it! My whole body has changed due to SUNA PILATES. I’ve got hamstrings now! I was a real sloucher but now I’m one and a half centimeters taller and I’m comfortable sitting up straight. Don’t be deluded by the initial lack of pain or perspiration it’s the hardest workout I’ve ever done and the only thing that has actually got results for me!
- Judy Bailey, Journalist and TV Presenter: is also a convert “I’d done Pilates before, but it was nothing like this. Suna is amazing and I am seeing real results I feel great. I do SUNA PILATES twice a week has just become part of my regular schedule and if for any reason I miss it I can really feel it!”
- Wendyl Nissen, Journalist: “My first impression of SUNA PILATES was that I was getting a really good massage from the inside with my trainer gently manipulating me into it. I felt very stretched and well at the end of my first few sessions. Now a few weeks later I have discovered stomach muscles I wish I had known about when I had my babies. I am sitting up straighter and tucking my stomach in without even realizing it and at the end of a days writing I no longer have the sore shoulders and lower back that I had come to expect over the years. Oh, and my sessions no longer feel like a massage from the inside. I work so hard that more muscles than I knew existed keep re-introducing themselves. But it never feels like the full on, stressful, and sweaty work out that I have come to associate with gym sessions and the atmosphere is always peaceful and relaxing. I look forward to each session and always feel better when I leave.
- Jan Cole, Accountant: I started SUNA PILATES four years ago when I was 62 and it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that not only has it changed my body, but it has changed my life. I suffered from both Osteoporosis and arthritis. Pain was the norm for me and even walking some days was difficult. The doctors recommended exercise, but I hadn’t found any that I could do until I started Suna Pilates. Four years on I am stronger, straighter and pain free. It has given me a new lease of life, so much so that I want to help other people like me and I have trained to be a trainer and am going to focus on older people with the same types of problems that I had.
- Xavier Rush, Ex-Rugby Player: I am a strong supporter and believer in SUNA Pilates I believe it can have a positive impact on Sports performance at the highest level, something that I have experienced myself. I recommend Susie and her Pilates Studio to all my team mates.
- Sarah Davis, Marketing Manager: I have always hated exercise, but know that I need to do it to keep my weight in check. I joined many gyms in the past but never felt comfortable in them and have never used them, ending my membership as soon as I could. SUNA PILATES is the only form of exercise that I have done that I enjoy. Not only do I know I’ve got a good work out, but I go home feeling relaxed and refreshed, which is very unusual with my job. Because I enjoy it and I am getting results and twice a week has been really easy to work into my life, before I just made excuses!
- Sue Collins Administration Manager: I have been to a number of pilates studios and enjoyed my experiences with them, but I was blown away with my “Suna” experience. As soon as I stepped in the door you know you are getting a different experience. The premises are wonderful, with really well thought out spaces – so you never feel claustrophobic. The trainers are all without exception real professionals. I was always a little nervous using different trainers, because you are unsure whether they are going to give you as great a work out as the one before them. Not a problem at Suna Pilates. I have now had about 6 different trainers, and they are all fantastic and really know their “stuff”, and more importantly give the impression that they all love what they do, which is infectious. My pilates has improved in leaps and bounds since joining them, and I cannot rate them highly enough.
- Juanita Meuuse: My first pregnancy was hard so before trying for my second baby I was determined to get myself into shape. My husband had been doing SUNA PILATES as part of his training leading up to his All Black campaigns and encouraged me to give it a go. As soon as I started I loved it. My body immediately felt better. My posture improved amazingly and that helped me get rid of my neck and back tension. I did SUNA PILATES all through my second pregnancy and had a much healthier and happier pregnancy.
- Susan Boyle: My daughter Georgia was 14 when she first started doing SUNA PILATES. I was concerned that her body was becoming unbalanced because of all of the competitive gymnastics she was doing and this was causing back problems. In a very short time SUNA PILATES built her core strength and taught her core initiation, putting an end to her back problems and teaching her how to use her body properly. Not only has the back pain gone, but she is also doing much better in competitions. She loves Suna!
- Kees Meeuws, Former Professional Rugby Player and All Black: I was a professional rugby player and my performance depended on the condition of my body. Training with Susie Cleland at the Suna Pilates has helped me maintain a high level of fitness and performance. I utilise Pilates for both Pre-hab and re-habilitation, and I am convinced that my level of injuries was reduced due to the work that I have done with SUNA Pilates in building my core strength and stability. Pilates helped me fix a persistent lower back injury by dramatically increasing my lower abdominal strength. My all round stability improved as I learnt to initiate from my abs. The result was that I could play week in and week out with out experiencing the dehabilitating back pain that I used to.